Friday, August 17, 2012

Where Does the Time Go?

The one thing that I love about Blogger is that when you blog, it not only becomes your own diary or journal about life and family happenings, but it can become a great encouragement for yourself and what you have learned on the journey!
I came across this blog entry today (click to read) -- and it is hard to believe this was posted 4 years ago!  Now when school starts on August 27th, my youngest will be in 4th grade, and my oldest a sophomore in high school!  Where has the time gone?

Psalm 121 is still an important passage for me as I have had to look continually for God's help during those times when I have had to teach and coach my kids about friendships, social issues, choices, consequences, the media and so many other things that the world uses to entrap them and discourage them.  We have had some difficult times, and there have been many "teaching moments" that I wish would have happened differently, but God is faithful, and He is still at work in our family and all of us are changing for the better!

Being a mom is a lifelong journey, and thankfully we can get help that we need to prepare our children for their independence!  Don't give up, Mom -- know where your Help comes from!  The Maker of heaven and earth will move heaven and earth to be there for you when you need it and ask for it!

Post a Comment