Monday, January 19, 2015

Book Review: "Fight Back with Joy" by Margaret Feinberg

Margaret Feinberg is definitely on my list of favorite bible teachers.  After reading "Wonderstruck," I was eager to learn more from her next book.

As a follower of Margaret's blog, I was already aware of her battle with cancer and now current remission. When this new book was announced, I was quite surprised to find that the subject was joy.  
Hmm.  Joy? 

With awesome respect for Margaret's bible knowledge and teaching, I already knew that I would read this book regardless of the subject. And I admit, I was curious!

Margaret is a skilled story teller. In Fight Back With Joy, she gives a transparent, straightforward, and account of her journey (with a little humor too). She shares her discovery that joy isn't just "whimsy" but a real weapon to use for fighting adversity.

There is much to learn from this book.  My highlighter was kept busy marking all the statements of wisdom that I want to remember.  Even if you think that her story of cancer will not apply to you, I encourage you to read it, because it is more than that.  We all need to practice the defiant joy that is described in her book.

Something else that was helpful to me was the bonus chapter in the back of the book, "5 Things Those Facing Crisis Can't Tell You (But Wish They Could)."  This chapter was an experienced guide to follow when a friend or family member is going through a crisis of their own.  (I share more of this in my previous post, HERE)

Grab this book and a coffee because this book is good. A "can-read-in-one-day" kinda good.  It's just good.

Want more good books to read? Click on the "Book Reviews" tab and see the list of all my reviews by subject.  Also, please subscribe by email or follow via one (or more!) of the social media outlets for updates.


VIDEOSLIDELearn how to practice defiant joy no matter what your circumstance and to embrace a life that's richer and fuller than you've every known by reading Margaret Feinberg's new book "Fight Back With Joy: Celebrate More. Regret Less. Stare Down your Greatest Fears."
I was asked by the author to read and review this book as part of the book's promotion.  I was not required to give a positive review.  All views expressed are my own.
Post a Comment